Sunday 1 December 2013

Pillar Lace Stitch

I've only really just started adventuring into other stitches than garter stitch, don't ask me why, I have just always found them intimidating.  But I have been branching out and started off with Pillar Lace Stitch. I liked the look of this stitch because of the simplicity and also because of the holes!

Here's a link to a tutorial on how to do it, its pretty easy. (It's similar to the Garter Stitch Ladders Stitch)

Cast-on a multiple of 3 stitches, plus 2
Row 1 (WS): Purl across all stitches
Row 2: K1, *YO, slip 1 stitch purlwise, K2, pass slipped stitch over the two knit stitches*, repeat between *s to last stitch, K1
Work to desired length, and bind-off purl-wise on wrong side of work


The only i had with this pattern was working on different sides of my work! I kept flipping sides so my overall finished cowl has an uneven pattern on each side which is extremely annoying. I know exactly where I went wrong though, its down to my tension not being write when I finish a row, so I shan't be doing that again!

This is my finished product,  although done lazily and messy I found that the pattern itself was easy to do. The cowl could have done with some major blocking though!


No comments:

Post a Comment